Tuesday, July 17, 2012

my week in recipes

(NOTE: this post was originally written in January and I didn't get around to adding the photos until just now... oops)

here we go again.  I'm still working toward my goal... still eating new, more healthy foods.  here's my run down on how they went.

stuffed pepper soup | skinny taste

photo courtesy of skinnytaste.com
this soup was hearty, it did not dissappoint in that area.  often times lower calorie soups are thin and lack any textural diversity, not this soup.  tomatoes, rice, hamburger, onions, and peppers were found throughout the entire bowl.  I am a stuffed pepper lover and though this was pretty spot on.  if you know me you know I am terrible at following recipes.  well, this time I followed it perfectly and wished I had added a little more adventure.  when I make it again I will add more italian spices to the mix.

lighter buffalo chicken dip | recipes under 400, originally skinnytaste.com

photo courtesy of skinnytaste.com
so, last week the hubs and I met a friend at a pub/cafe to talk about life.  I ordered the buffalo chicken dip and was FLOORED with how awesome it was.  this was our super bowl party contribution and it did not dissapoint!  YUMMO!  I could eat this by the spoonful day after day.  this may have booted out my obsession with guacamole for the moment.  creamy and spicy.  my love for buffalo wings has grown even more, but now for this easier to eat version with fewer calories.

healthy pineapple shrimp fried rice | skinny taste

photo courtesy of skinnytaste.com
meh, I've had better.  I mean for fried rice to be healthy, you know you're giving up a little bit of what makes it savory, right.  yes, this is true for this meal too.  it was okay, but nothing I'm going out to the store to make again this week.  and, it must be eaten the night that you make it.  pineapple is an enemy to any sort of protein turning the shrimp into mush the next day when you try to reheat it-- yuck!

skinny chicken divan | eat yourself skinny


okay, chicken divan must mean anything with chicken and broccoli made into a casserole, because this was not what I typically consider, "chicken divan".  that being said, I'm not at all knocking it.  this was good!  I think I would like it even more served over some brown rice in the future. 




No comments:

Post a Comment